City of Oswego Tree Lighting- COVID Safe Events
Coloring Contest and Letter to Santa
Santa is hard at work at the North Pole getting ready for Christmas!
He is so excited to see your beautiful, holiday coloring and get your special letter.
There are a couple of ways to get the coloring contest and Letter to Santa.
- You can download them below
- Pick them up at Curious Kidz or CMOO
- Contact the Oswego City-County Youth Bureau at 315-349-3451.
A coloring contest winner will be selected from each grade level. To be eligible for the contest, submissions are due by November 20, 2020. The prizes are sponsored by the Oswego County Federal Credit Union. You can find the Letter to Santa template and picture for your grade below. Children may choose to participate in either activity or both!
Letter to Santa
You may submit your letter and coloring contest one of the following ways:
- Submit it online https://forms.gle/ME7Gun3DG3tYjMvT6
- Mail it to the Oswego City-County Youth Bureau located at 70 Bunner Street, Oswego NY 13126
- Drop it off at the mailbox located in the lobby of City Hall located at 13 West Oneida Street, Oswego NY 13126
- Drop it off at Curious Kidz located at 52 West Bridge Street, Oswego NY 13126
- Drop it off at the Children's Museum of Oswego located at 7 West Bridge St, Oswego NY 13126
Light Up Oswego Holiday House Decorating Contest
Let's add some extra brightness and cheer to this holiday season and Light Up Oswego! Join us in a city-wide holiday house decorating contest!
Registration Deadline: Tuesday, December 1, 2020
Decorating Deadline: Friday, December 4, 2020
Event Address: Your House!
Judging will be Saturday, December 12, 2020. Be sure to have everything lit up and ready for viewing by dark!
Prizes will be awarded to the winner of each locally participating categories:
Best Theme - Can be any theme of your choice! Make sure we can tell what it is!
- Tackiest- Go all out, be crazy and creative!
- Iconic Oswego- Are you a proud BUC? SUNY Student? Lighthouse lover? Decorate your house to represent something only our beautiful city has to offer!
- Best Overall - Show us your holiday best!
- Home Away From Home- Are you from Oswego but don't live here anymore? Decorate your house and send us a picture of it from wherever you call home now!
Join us for the first ever Oswego Christmas Quest! Walk the streets of the city to solve the mystery and find the clues. This family-friendly adventure will have a special prize for each participating family at the end. 11/24-12/21/20.
Pick up your quest packets at the Economic Development Office located at 44 East Bridge St. during business hours, email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or download the packets below. Hours of operation are 9:30am-4:30pm Monday-Friday. Please note the office is closed on Thanksgiving Day (11/26) and Black Friday (11/27).
For the children
For the parents