CITs are not paid, but they can use their time at camp as community service hours. Fifteen-year-old CITs stay at camp for three week sessions, and Sixteen-year-old CITs stay at camp for four week sessions.
All CITs engage in most areas of work at camp. They stay in cabins with counselors and campers; they assist with meals, kitchen and clean up duties; and assist with leading programs and activities. It is a tremendous way to gain insight and skills, especially in working with youth and fellow staff members. CITs are required to apply and interview for a spot at camp.
- Shadow counselors, activity leaders, and kitchen workers.
- Exhibit good work standards and work ethic.
- Attend and participate in counselor and job training workshops.
- Participate in all camp program activities as directed by the CIT Coordinator.
- Assist kitchen staff in preparation and cleaning of dining hall, meal set-up, meal clean-up, kitchen and rest rooms on a rotating basis as assigned by Kitchen Manager. (All CITs will rotate into the kitchen).
- Other job duties as assigned by CIT Coordinator, Kitchen Manager, or Residential Camp Director.
- Must be either 15 or 16 years of age by the first day of training.
- Current working papers needed before first day of work.
- Previous experience in community service, recreation, and/or child care programs.
2021 Counselor-In-Training Sessions:
**NEW IN 2021. There is now a fee for the Counselor-In-Training Program**
15-YEAR-OLD COUNSELOR-IN-TRAINING PROGRAM
|Sessions (3 Week Sessions, Sunday to Friday)||Rate|
|Session 1: June 27th - July 16th||$150/Session|
|Session 2: July 25th - August 13th||$150/Session|
16-YEAR-OLD COUNSELOR-IN-TRAINING PROGRAM
|Sessions (4 Week Sessions, Sunday to Friday)||Rate|
|Session 1: June 20th - July 16th||$200/Session|
|Session 2: July 18th - August 13th||$200/Session|
To be considered for an interview, all Counselor-In-Training Applicants must:
1. Complete a Counselor-In-Training Application and submit it by the deadline of April 23rd, 2021
2. Have three references respond to the Counselor-In-Training Reference Form (references will be contacted via email)
Questions about the Counselor-In-Training Program?
E-mail Zach Grulich